While the civil construction has traditionally been a male dominated workforce, more women are now entering the sector.
According to the Civil Contractors Federation:
More and more employers are now actively recruiting women into the industry to achieve not just a diversity of gender, but also of skills and aptitude.
The Women in Civil Construction Program was developed in response to the growing numbers of women in the industry.
CCF NSW Women in Civil Program
There are two broad aims of the Women in Civil Program
- To increase the number of women entering the civil construction industry
- To provide a supportive environment for women so they are encouraged to stay and grow within the NSW civil construction and maintenance industry
It isn’t widely known just how diverse the civil construction sector is and how many pathways are available to women considering a career in the industry.
Supporting Women in Civil Construction
With the gross underrepresentation of women in the civil construction workforce, the CCF Women in Civil Program has identified 6 key focus areas. These include:
- A Mentoring Program
- Networking Forums
- Women in Civil Excellence Award.
- Careers Website
- Back to School visit program
- An Employers for Women in Civil Initiative
Find out more about what employers can do to support women in the industry or view those CCF members who have signed a commitment to support women in their businesses.
ASF Construction is a local Campbelltown excavation and demolition specialist. Women in the civil construction industry have our full support!